Friday, January 30, 2009

Fri Jan 30th - What I'm Eating

Breakfast: oatmeal with cream, raisins, almonds, flax seeds, a little maple syrup.

Lunch: Arby's Market Fresh Roast Turkey Ranch sandwich with no onions - I think this had (obviously) turkey and ranch dressing, also bacon, tomato, lettuce, American cheese, mayo, on whole wheat bread. I think the bread was not 100% whole wheat though. Also I am sure the mayo and ranch were full of preservatives and maybe even HFCS...and the meat was probably full of nitrates...and the cheese was definitely not real... I was out and this was the best I could do given the circumstances...but next time I think I'd just rather be hungry and wait until I got home...or pack something...when am I going to get a clue about this?

Dinner: Applebee's 4 oz sirloin with portobello mushrooms, grilled shrimp & parmesean sauce, a double serving of steamed veggies including broccoli, carrots and yellow squash - it was by far mostly broccoli though.

Snack: Archer Farm's Organic Cranberry Nut trail mix bar - only natural sweeteners, no preservatives. Not bad for Target...

Analysis: Wow, quite possibly the worst day of my whole diet, except maybe the Honey Bunches of Oats day... I ate out twice! Lunch was actually a huge mistake because while I thought I was getting the healthiest thing on the menu, I think the bread turned into glue in my stomach and I have been feeling kinda sick the rest of the day. I should have not eaten that bread! I did pretty darn well at Applebee's though, I thought! I even avoided dessert, which was not easy! mmm...Triple Chocolate Meltdown... The trail mix bar is only so so - on the one hand, its organic and doesn't have any nasty HFCS or preservatives, but on the other hand, it has "crisp rice" which is code for "brutally mutilated processed rice product," not exactly whole grain...

The whole problem is that we actually didn't do a meal plan this week, hubby just went to the store and bought a bunch of meat. So that meant that by today, we didn't have anything to put together a proper meal, and I was gone all day. Case in point, more planning ahead required...I'm off to make a proper meal plan, which will be procured at the store tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment