Thursday, January 29, 2009

Thurs Jan 29th - What I'm Eating

Breakfast: egg & cheese burrito w/whole wheat tortilla

Lunch: leftover bacon kielbasa, a few spoons of applesauce

Snack: most of an Ezekiel English muffin with butter & boysenberry preserves - the dog ate some when I had to leave the room for a minute...I was ticked...

Dinner: pork chop, big salad with homemade vinaigrette, broccoli & green beans.

Snack: chicken & mozzarella quesadilla - the last whole wheat tortilla...

Analysis: kind of a funky day - a lot of cravings and feeling negative about food today. :( I have to drive past a Little Ceasar's pizza place on the way home from work, and tonight I was dreaming about garlic cheesy breadsticks, and also those cinnamon glazed breadsticks... waaaahhhh!!!!

I didn't get any exercise done today, but I did take the little guy to a toddler playtime at a local community center gym, where I chased him around for an hour and a half...does that count? I would do some pilates now, but frankly, I'm exhausted...

I also wanted to tell you about how I make pork chops... I don't bread and fry them, surprise, surprise! I usually toss a little seasoning on them and then I cook them in my electric oil-core stainless steel skillet. Its not frying because there is no oil...its not exactly baking either, though I guess that would be a little closer. Anyway, they turn out nice and brown and very moist. If I didn't have this special skillet, I suppose I would broil or bake them... frying definitely falls into the category of "damaged fats."

No comments:

Post a Comment