Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Tues Jan 6th - What I'm Eating

Breakfast: 2 mini breakfast "pizzas" as my 18 month old calls them. 2 small sprouted corn tortillas from Food for Life, topped with a chopped hard boiled egg, melted colby jack cheese, and black olives. Cranberry Zinger tea (sweet enough as it is) and pills.

Lunch: leftover BBQ pork (it was a big roast!), broccoli with butter and salt, half an apple (my kid, and therefore, my dog, ate the other half...)

Snack: string cheese and a banana

Dinner: Quiche - whole wheat crust, green peppers, colby jack cheese, bacon, eggs and cream. water.

Snack: another piece of quiche. water, pills before bed.

Analysis: Well today wasn't too terrible. Of course I can always do better on the veggies. I really should probably avoid bananas since they're pretty high in sugar, but they are going bad so I needed to eat it. I made the quiche myself - it was really easy! I got a pre-made crust from Whole Foods (2 in a package) and you just put whatever you want in the crust and pour the egg and cream mixture over it. 4 eggs and 1 cup of cream. Then you just bake it at 375 for 50 minutes or so. If you try it, be warned that it will rise up in the middle, but it will go down again as it cools. I can tell its done when the middle seems to be all the way dome-shaped...if you make it, you'll know what I mean.

The sugar cravings are about the same today. TIts worse at night... I know I just ate a piece of quiche, which should have been nice and satisfying, but I feel like I'm starving! Doing this blog at night really actually helps though because I am reminded of all the better choices I'm making and how much thought I'm putting into it, and then I don't want to screw it all up by eating that ice cream... I think hubby might have gotten rid of it for me though...what a sacrifice that man made for his darling wife!

I forgot to exercise today, darn it! Its too late now... Man its hard to remember when I'm so out of the habit!

No comments:

Post a Comment