Monday, January 5, 2009

Proportions Part 2 - snack combos

Well you might have noticed that I eat some weird snacks sometimes, like english muffins with chicken. The reason I do that is because of a little guideline I learned from The Schwarzbein Principle by Diana Schwarzbein and Nancy Deville. One thing this book says is that you should never eat a carbohydrate alone. You should always combine it with a protein and/or fat. This helps slow down the absorption of the carbs and slows down the increase in your blood sugar, keeping it and your insulin levels more stable. So there you go, never eat a carb alone! If you want an English muffin, better find some chicken to go with it!

1 comment:

  1. I read this in the Insulin Resistant Diet book and I know I feel better when I actually do it. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete