Monday, January 5, 2009

Jan 5th - What I'm Eating

Breakfast: Kashi Heart to Heart Instant Oatmeal (Golden Brown Maple) with cream and flax seeds added. Grilled chicken. Water and pills.

Lunch: leftover BBQ pork. celery and valencia peanut butter. clementine orange. Black Cherry Berry tea - naturally sweet, no sugar needed.

Dinner: P.F. Chang's - chicken lettuce wraps and lightly sauteed spinach with garlic. Water. 1/2 a fortune cookie.

Snack: almonds, raisins, and a couple of semi-sweet organic chocolate chips.

before bed - pills - I promise!

Analysis: well, for breakfast I finished off a box of instant oatmeal I had. From here on out, if I eat oatmeal, it won't be instant, because that tends to be more processed and have more sugar...but at least the Kashi stuff was not too bad. I also didn't get a snack during the day, but that's mainly because it took me like an hour and a half to eat my lunch... And yes, we went out to dinner...we had a gift card. For going out, it was really about the best I could do though! I think the biggest problem with going out is that you don't know what types of oils your food was cooked with, and chances are it isn't what you would choose at home... You do the best you can...

The sugar cravings are hitting me HARD today! It was all I could do to limit myself to only one clementine orange today - they are so sweet! I actually have a carton of all-natural vanilla ice cream left over in the freezer, which I can't seem to forget about for more than about 10 seconds at a time, but the half a fortune cookie, few chocolate chips, and raisins were my compromise. As a friend suggested, I might have to introduce that ice cream to the hot water in the sink!

The good news is: I exercised today!!! YAY!!! When the boy went for his nap, I sat down for a quick lunch, but then got a wonderful phone call from a dear friend who recently moved away. I couldn't not talk to her, but it slowed down my consumption of my lunch! We did break it off early enough to get a yoga video in, though. I intended to do my pilates video, but I couldn't find it! Anyway, the yoga was nice, but really reminded me how disconnected from my physical self I have become, and how much attention that self needs! From now on, when we are at home for naptime (I'm not at work) I am going to do my exercise first thing. On the other days, I will have to decide when I will do it - maybe as soon as hubby gets home from work, we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment