Friday, January 16, 2009

Friday Jan 16th - What I'm Eating

Breakfast: More chicken noodle soup. water.

Lunch: leftover beef stew. one piece of Ezekiel bread toast with butter and all-natural raspberry preserves. water.

Dinner: chicken lettuce wraps, homemade this time, with bok choy, water chestnuts, garlic, ginger, lemongrass, scallions, teriyaki and soy sauces, and white wine vinegar, served with iceberg lettuce... a very small glass of OJ. water.

Dessert: yes, we made a little dessert today - spiced dried plum compote. basically spiced prunes with a little sugar. eaten over plain whole milk yogurt. it was a splurge since we've been sick, and I don't feel bad about it at all!

Analysis: well, today was rather odd in that there were a lot of leftovers, but that's ok... Usually I am a strictly breakfast food at breakfast kind of gal, but with the tummy issues, chicken noodle soup has just been calling me. In fact, I think I might eat a little more of it before bed! And as for dessert, hey, it was as close to all-natural as you can get, balanced with the yogurt. I could have/should have used agave syrup instead but we didn't have enough in the house...hubby bought a small bottle last time and I didn't want to use up the entire thing just for this. Wow, that makes it sound like it was a bucket of sugar - it was only 3/4 cup for the whole recipe, which will probably make 10-12 servings overall, so really, its not that bad for a little treat. And really, this is a lifestyle, not a diet, so you can't completely deprive yourself and be miserable forever! In fact, aside from the extra work of all this cooking, I really do enjoy my food immensely more when I am eating right...even if I only make a real dessert maybe once a month or less...

No comments:

Post a Comment