Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sun Feb 8th - What I'm Eating

Breakfast: a banana

Lunch: cornmeal crust pizza with tomato sauce, mushrooms, grilled chicken and black olives...eaten only maybe 1 hour after my "breakfast"... (I slept in!)

Snack: dried apricots

Dinner: enchiladas with ground beef and black beans, leftover broccoli slaw

Analysis: well once again I have had a major lack of veggies today - also my breakfast and snack were only fruit, which was a bit of a no-no...especially being a banana and dried fruit, both higher in sugar on the fruit continuum...I really should be eating apples or something with more fiber, and combining with nuts or something...

Becca asked me in a comment on my last post, if it was getting any easier, if I was feeling better, etc. Well, I do feel some subtle improvements if I stop and think about it. I haven't gotten sick, which is I think the best benefit so far, because my little guy has had a couple of viruses that I usually always catch too. I have lost a little weight I think, my clothes feel slightly looser, at any rate...I'm not weighing myself. My digestion has for the most part been significantly improved. And I had a normal length cycle, which I must at least in part attribute to better nutrition. On the down side, I am still feeling major sugar cravings and at least the last few days have allowed myself to bend the rules a little with pudding and fruit...which means I am getting complacent. Once an addict always an addict I guess...I hope I am not forever doomed to be a "dry drunk" when it comes to sugar. I still need to make exercise more of a routine - I would say I get it in maybe 1-3 times a week, but I would really like to aim for 5 times a week or ideally every day. I also want to continue to improve what I'm eating and get more fresh foods and more variety, and minimize the times that I am so hungry I just eat whatever because I didn't plan ahead well enough. I will say that I am proud of myself for the changes I have made, and once I am done with this infernal work schedule I have going on right now, life will be a lot better too!

No comments:

Post a Comment