Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sat Feb 14th - What I'm Eating

I know this one is a bit late - but I hope everyone had a nice Valentine's Day! Gosh its hard to remember what I ate yesterday - won't be making the mistake of putting it off again...

Brunch: (I slept in) mushroom and black olive pizza on cornmeal crust, made by my hubby (the pizza, not the crust...)

Dinner: Grilled salmon on a bed of jeweled pearled barley, with grilled asparagus and steamed carrots and parsnips.

Dessert: Maggie Moo's ice cream...

Analysis: It was Valentine's...we splurged and used a coupon that came in the mail for Maggie Moo's - and guess what - it was a big mistake! I felt really gross the rest of the night...which I guess is a good thing, because I learned my lesson and it will be a very long time before I do something like that again! Dinner was great - we went to a place called McFoster's Natural Kind Cafe - which is one of the only organic/vegetarian/natural food friendly restaurants in town. The jeweled pearled barley was interesting - not what I expected, but it was infused with ginger and delicious with the fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment