Thursday, March 5, 2009

Thurs March 5th - What I'm Eating

Yesterday:
Breakfast: french toast with real maple syrup, blueberries

Lunch: Ezekiel corn tortilla quesadilla with raw milk cheese, banana

Dinner: Poached salmon with sun-dried tomato sauce, vegetable trio (zucchini, eggplant, tomato)

Dessert: a few bites of leftover Maggie Moo ice cream


Today:
Breakfast: scrambled eggs with raw milk cheese, apple

Lunch: grilled chicken breast, wild rice pilaf, cauliflower, broccoli, carrot veggie mix, and a dinner roll.

Dinner: Paradise Cafe meatball panini, ceasar salad, chocolate chip cookie

Analysis: Too much dessert, but otherwise not bad. I do justify french toast because its made with good bread and each piece includes basically a half an egg. If you go easy on the syrup, really, its no worse than any kind of egg and toast.

Today was an insanely busy moment in my life - I was at the Capitol most of the day for our committee hearing for our bills, which was exciting and scary, and I wasn't even testifying! Everyone who did was fantastic though! So its back to the business of lobbying now, trying to pressure them to pass our bills out of committee to the floor. However, this is a pretty routine type of process, so as I ease out of work mode and back into domestic mode, my house is already getting cleaner and I am increasingly able to cook. It doesn't help anything that I nearly cut off two of my fingers on my left hand the other day (when preparing the squash, did I mention that?) But they are on the mend so I should be able to do the dishes again soon. Don't tell hubby, but I probably could just get some rubber gloves in the meantime. I really hate dishes, so I'm content to let him at least wash the things that don't go in the dishwasher for now! He's such a great hubby! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment